The Progressive Caucus of the state Legislature unveiled its alternative budget proposal today, downplaying the Governor’s proposed “sin taxes” and sales tax increases on household goods and services and instead pushing for a higher marginal income tax on high earners and a tax on capital […]
HB 5370 – Would have increased the minimum wage to $15 per hour by 2022.
As proposed and heard in the Labor Committee, this bill would have increased the minimum wage to fifteen dollars per hour by 2022. The bill would have increased the rate incrementally according to the following schedule:
- Effective January 1, 2018, not less than eleven dollars per hour;
- Effective January 1, 2019, not less than twelve dollars per hour;
- Effective January 1, 2020, not less than thirteen dollars per hour;
- Effective January 1, 2021, not less than fourteen dollars per hour; and
- Effective January 1, 2022, not less than fifteen dollars per hour.